With Labor Day weekend quickly approaching, peope who take their pets camping with them need to beware.


With Labor Day weekend quickly approaching, people who take their pets camping with them need to beware.

Toxic mushrooms have been the cause of death for several pets along the Front Range, including Fowler residents, Michael and Mechelle Trujillo.

Thinking that a day in the mountains would be fun and relaxing, proved to be anything but that, after "Max" their Yorkshire terrier ate a toxic mushroom.

Rushing down the mountain to the Emergecy Vet Clinic in hopes of saving Max proved to be futile, Max died before they arrived.

"I just want people to take caution if they take their pets camping with them," Mechelle said.