Spring Semester at Otero Junior College will begin on Monday, January 11.
Spring Semester at Otero Junior College will begin on Monday, January 11. New and returning students will have the opportunity to come to campus a day early on January 10 to participate in Jump Start, an orientation that will prepare students to begin classes on January 11.
Jump Start will begin at 2 p.m. in the Humanities Center, Room 112, and continue through 4 p.m. with two 1-hour sessions. Online registration for the Jump Start sessions is required. Register at: www.ojc.edu/futurestudents/jump_start.aspx
Each Jump Start session will instruct students how to:
· Set their student password and log-in to the Student Portal
· Access their official student email
· Learn to use Desire2Learn (D2L), OJC’s Learning Management Program that is used in most classes
· Print their class schedule
· Tour campus to locate their classrooms
· Visit the Library to get a Student Library Card
· Visit TRiO Support Services
For more information about Jump Start, call: 719-384-6863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for Spring Semester will remain open through the week of January 11, 2016 with the exception of Dec. 25, 2015 through Jan. 1, 2016, when offices on the OJC campus will be closed. To get registered, new and returning students can call OJC Student Services at 719-384-6831 to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.