Sangre de Cristo Hospice & Palliative Care East has been serving the Arkansas Valley for four years and is excited to continue to serve the community by providing quality service.
Sangre de Cristo Hospice & Palliative Care East has been serving the Arkansas Valley for four years and is excited to continue to serve the community by providing quality service. Several factors that make this possible are:
* Over 85 years of nursing experience
* Hospice and Palliative Care Certified medical director and nurse practitioner
* Local staff: from La Junta, Swink, Rocky Ford, Ordway, Fowler
* Service area: Otero County, Crowley County, Bent County, Las Animas County, Pueblo County, Lincoln County, Kiowa County
* The only hospice in southern Colorado with CHAP accreditation
* Other programs: Volunteer, Community Bereavement, Caregiver Support, “We Honor Veterans,” Pet Peace of Mind
Sangre de Cristo Hospice was founded in the mid-1970s and has been serving southern Colorado for all those years. Today we have grown to be one of the largest employers in Pueblo and are serving over 20,000 square miles throughout southern Colorado. Most care is covered through Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance, but we provide care for anyone who needs it, regardless of ability to pay.
Our approach to care is based on an interdisciplinary team of professionals that include nurses, CNAs, chaplains, family service representatives and volunteers. Great focus is made on delivering the best possible outcomes for hospice patients and their caregivers. Respect for the uniqueness of each individual and their right to make decisions will always be one of our priorities.
We understand the difficulty of the conversation and will help guide you to a peaceful quality of life for you and your loved one.
The mission of Sangre de Cristo Hospice & Palliative Care is to enhance the quality of life and to maintain the integrity of individuals and their families in need of supportive or end-of-life services by offering them symptom management, support and compassion.
Sangre de Cristo Hospice & Palliative Care East is located at 124 W. Cranston, Fowler, CO 81039, and can be reached at 719-263-0016.