Michigan State at Michigan odds, picks and prediction
The Michigan State Spartans (0-1, 0-1 Big Ten) and Michigan Wolverines (1-0, 1-0) meet Saturday at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Mich., for a noon ET kickoff. Below, we analyze the Michigan State-Michigan college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
The Wolverines are No. 14 in the Amway Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Michigan State at Michigan: Betting odds and lines
- Money line : Michigan State +950 (bet $100 to win $950) | Michigan -2000 (bet $2,000 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Michigan State +25.5 (-115) | Michigan -25.5 (-106)
- Over/Under : 53.5 (O: -115 | U: -106)
Michigan State at Michigan: Three things to know
- Michigan State opened with a disappointing 38-27 setback at home against Rutgers in head coach Mel Tucker's debut. While Sparty outgained the Scarlet Knights 369 to 276 in total yards, the key to their loss were seven turnovers and a minus-4 turnover margin. QB Rocky Lombardi passed for 319 yards in the loss, slipping to 2-2 all-time as a starter.
- Michigan routed Minnesota 49-24 in the Twin Cities, easily covering as three-point favorites. QB Joe Milton was impressive in his first start, passing for 225 yards and a score, while running for 52 yards and a TD. RB Hassan Haskins also ran for two scores, and Michigan piled up five rushing touchdowns in the victory.
- Michigan has turned the tide in this rivalry after losing eight of 10 straight-up from 2008-17. The Wolverines have won back-to-back games in this series, covering the past two after going 0-10 ATS vs. the Spartans in the previous 10. Sparty is 1-5 ATS in the past six trips to Michigan Stadium.
Bet $1 on any Big Ten money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if ANY BIG TEN team scores a touchdown this week!
Michigan State at Michigan: Odds, prediction, betting lines and picks
Michigan 38, Michigan State 20
Money line (ML)
Michigan (-2000) is likely to rough up Michigan State (+950), but you can't justify risking $20 for every $1 won, especially in a rivalry game. AVOID.
Against the spread (ATS)
MICHIGAN STATE ( +25.5, -115) should be able to take care of the ball a little better than it did in the opener, and it certainly looked good enough on offense. Michigan (-25.5, -106) was favored by a similar line during the 2016 installment in East Lansing, Mich., coming away with a 32-23 win as 24.5-point favorites. This one is almost always competitive.
OVER 53.5 ( -115) has been a regularity for the Wolverines at Michigan Stadium, going 24-9-1 in their past 34 at home. The Over is also 10-3 in their past 13 as a home favorite, too. While the Under is 16-6 in Michigan State's past 22 games overall, the Over easily hit in its opener with 65 points on a total of 44.5.
Additional college football coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama football / Auburn football / Florida football / Georgia football / LSU football / Michigan football / Michigan State football / Notre Dame football / Ohio State football / Oklahoma football / Tennessee football / Texas football / USC football / Wisconsin football
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.